Who Can Apply for a Scholarship?
3 scholarships are awarded each Spring and Fall Semester for $1,000.00. (The committee may decide to award more or less than 6 each calendar year.)
• High school seniors who are currently enrolled in an accredited high school and will graduate in the current calendar year.
• College undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning.
• Graduate students who wish to further their education beyond the Bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicant must be a member and/or have an immediate family member of the Lone Star Irrigation Association
- Applicant must complete the LSIA scholarship application form.
- Applicant must submit a copy of his/her most recent school transcript (either high school or
- Applicant must submit a letter of recommendation.
- In order to be considered for one of the Lone Star Irrigation Association’s cash awards, each competitor must be a high school senior or college/university student and complete a 200 word essay that answers the following questions: “How will your college education help you to achieve your lifetime goals?” or “What are the reasons you feel you deserve this scholarship?”
Confirmation of Acceptance:
Each recipient must provide written confirmation of acceptance into an undergraduate or graduate program. Scholarship monies will be awarded directly to the recipient’s college/university.